Fender is guided by one clear, simple directive: make life better for musicians. While the original Telecaster certainly did that (and then some), we weren’t content to rest on our laurels. Our team of mad scientists examined every component in near-microscopic detail. If we were able to improve it with a new design or modern materials we did; if it didn’t need improvement, we left it alone. When the wood chips and solder fumes settled, what was left was the American Professional Telecaster—everything you need to play your best.
Developed by vintage pickup master Tim Shaw, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil pickups are voiced specifically for each position, mixing alnico magnet types to produce powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. The newly redesigned Telecaster bridge sports three compensated brass barrel saddles for the perfect combination of vintage style with modern feel and performance. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern "Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Telecaster is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Model Name: American Pro Telecaster® Left-Hand, Maple Fingerboard
- Series: American Professional
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern "Ashtray" Bridge Cover
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Orientation: Left-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)